It’s one of my favorite family traditions (which is strange, since I’m not generally a Halloween fan!): The Amaro Halloween Bash.
Here are the rules.
1) You must dress up. Ridiculous amounts of dressing up. Halfway won’t cut it. (Watching a grown man in a banana suit open the door for trick or treaters was possibly the highlight of my entire year.)
2) You must make an entrance. A grand entrance. A planned out grand entrance.
3) You must take a lot of photos of costumes during the first 15 minutes of the party, after which you are allowed to change/shed as much of your costume as you’d like.
4) You must bring food and eat a lot. Or else we are stuck with all the leftovers.
5) You must take the games very seriously. Whether it is bobbing for apples, TP mummy wrapping, bean bag tossing, or monster-egg-on-a-spoon racing, it is serious business. (On a related note: I am noticing just how many competitive people we have in our family… quite a few…)
Happy Halloween from the Amaros!