Moment of honesty: There aren’t many gluten free bakery products that we like around here. They are typically dry, crumbly or just disgusting in general. Excuse my bluntness.
BUT. This one is to die for. Promise. It’s the best banana bread I have ever had – no question – with or without gluten.
Without further adieu, our family favorite recipe for GF Banana Bread:
GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
2. Transfer to loaf pans coated with cooking spray (either two 8×4 in. pans OR do what I do – use any and every small container to make mini bread loaves). Bake at 350 until they look just about done – usually around 45 minutes for big pans, and 25-30 for smaller ones. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.