One of our many sacred Christmas morning traditions, this delicious cake was always the first thing to greet my sister and I on Christmas morning as we sat upstairs waiting for the “green light” to run downstairs and open our presents. A glass of cold milk, a few pieces of this cake… perfection.
This year, I had a handsome kitchen assistant who happily helped every step of the way.
And peeked in the oven every step of the way, too…
PULL APART CAKE
- 3 Rolls of Biscuits (Plain, not flaky/etc)
- Mixture: 1 C Sugar, 2 T Cinnamon, 1/4 C Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Stick of Butter
1. Grease a bundt pan, sugar the bottom.
2. Quarter biscuits.
3. Dredge biscuit quarters in sugar mixture.
4. Layer biscuits/sprinkle sugar/biscuits/sugar/etc.
5. Melt butter over the entire dish.
6. Bake 30-35 at 350 degree.
Tip: Don’t pack the biscuits in, loosely toss them in. Otherwise it cooks very unevenly. Trust me on this.