Christmas Day came and went (as it tends to do) with lots of laughter, family jokes, big hugs, silly photos, piles of wrapping paper and way too much amazing food. I won’t replay every single detail (you’re welcome) but it was a wonderful, peaceful, memorable occasion. Here are a few of the highlights…
– Cooking our traditional Pull Apart Cake breakfast on Christmas morning with Daniel by my side, helping each step of the way.
– Heading to Urgent Care on Christmas Eve with strep throat. (But still having the whole family come over, undeterred by my germs!)
– The look of elation on Violet’s face when she opened her Boxcar Children books… “I have always wanted the Boxcar Children!!!”
– Daniel’s excitement over his new spy gear – and the sweet sight of him in spy gear, protecting “his princess”. (Violet as Snow White!)
– The campfire on Christmas Eve… singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with Violet and changing the lyrics to make her mad. (“Violet the red nosed reindeer”… “I am NOT a reindeer!! I do NOT have a red nose!!”)
– Watching the kids wake Mema and Papa up on their cots in the dining room… and watching the immediate joy in their eyes (even after being woken up!)
– Getting a new iPad from “The Students and the PTA of the Amaro Academy”.
– The lazy afternoon that consisted mostly of a bunch of grown-ups working really hard to assemble Daniel’s new Ninjago toy.
– The sweet, relaxing peace that fills our home when it’s full of memories in the making… I just love hosting Christmas.